Welcome to this Winclear Review. There is more to cleaning up your browsing history than merely clicking on the history tab. After all, the information is stored in your computer once you visit different sites. This act isn’t enough to protect your privacy. You see, every image that you have ever viewed, including personal photographs can be snooped over by a hacker. There is a record of each of the programs that you’ve downloaded onto your hard drive and this could include confidential business charts and pictures.
Would you be surprised if you’re told that deleting all the files in your Recycle Bin doesn’t permanently delete them?
Looking for the official website? Visit: http://www.winclear.com
If it is your intention to clear your browsing history with the use of a computer history clearner, then you can always opt for one of the best in the market – WinClear. Mainly, there are three choices to opt for –
- Start scan
- Choose items
Using Winclear: In a nutshell, this is an Internet history eraser which protects your privacy as it cleans up the tracks that your computer activity has imprinted.
If you use Winclear and you click on Start Scan, then it will go through your computer’s hard drives and carry out complete scanning; this will single out the sensitive files that need to be erased. There are four areas namely Internet history, Software, Windows General and Chat history.
The section that is marked as Internet history lists all of the items that are related to your web browsing. This is a list of the web sites that you’ve been visiting, pictures, movies that you’ve seen online, or any music downloads that you’ve done.
The Windows General section shows a record of the items that have been recently viewed in your computer. These could include, once again; movies, pictures, documents, and the like.
Finally, Chat history shows your chat logs such as those that are found in MSN Messenger or AOL.
After scanning, Winclear gives you an all encompassing analysis. This summary gives you an idea on the different files that may have saved a few private data. In order to get a more comprehensive data about these files, all you need to do is to click on the individual files. If you no longer want to read the information that came with the summary, then all you have to do is to click on the Remove button to shred the sensitive files that have been listed.
Doing so will mean that no one can recover the sensitive or private data that have been included in the listed files. If you delete your browsing history, you are mainly protecting your privacy. But in addition to these, you also get some additional benefits.
Added benefits of using Winclear: Apart from safeguarding your privacy, Winclear can also free up a lot of space in your hard drive. The space that was previously occupied by the files is now freed and ready to be used for other purposes. You will also notice that your computer’s speed and overall performance will greatly improve.
Winclear also has other advanced features such as giving you the option on how to shred the data that will be deleted. There are four choices which are –
- One pass shred wherein the program will do a single pass of the data and then delete them easily.
- DOD 5220 standard shred makes three passes which makes data recovery a lot more difficult.
- NSA or the National Security Agency shred is where Winclear passes seven times over the data as it completely deletes it.
- Guttmann shred scan is when the data is passed over 35 times prior to deletion. This is a very complex shredding method that you can opt for.
The Winclear advantages:
- There are shortcut keys that the user can use. Even a newbie can control these keys to begin the cleaning in the background.
- Winclear supports the most popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, AOL, Opera, Netscape and MSN Explorer.
- It supports FAT 32, FAT, and NTFS file systems, frees disk space.
- The hidden data in your drives are securely cleaned.
- Shreds files, thus, erasing sensitive contents and folders.
- It is compatible with all Windows operating systems like Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- You can safely delete those unnecessary files because the algorithm in Winclear is accurate enough to make the safe deletion.
- You get to download the most recent updates with the use of the LiveUpdate feature.
Customer confirmations: People love the advanced options in Winclear. There may be a lot of browsing history cleaner programs in the market but Winclear is the only one that has the advanced features. You have the power to decide what program will shred your files.
Winclear’s easy to use interface makes it a great software even for people with no technical knowledge. All that you need to do is to press a button and the software will do its task.
There are a few people who say that Winclear only does partial deletion. This, of course, raises privacy concerns for them. There may only be a handful of people who have experienced this but it’s an issue all the same. Unless this is properly addressed, who knows who will experience it once again?
A simple suggestion: This is a useful software when it comes to privacy protection. If you think that it’s merely a browsing history eraser, then you’re mistaken because it can do a lot more than that. But with regard to that one small issue, it’s really up to you to test the software program. Majority of users highly recommend Winclear but there’s that nagging, tiny complaint – so it’s up to you to run the program and find out!